Living in Texas hardly qualifies me to speak on harsh winters, but it's been cold down here (at least for this Texas girl). My skin is used to the 100% humidity we normally have, so when it's cold and dry this time of year, I need some extra hydration. I find myself reaching for these 6 products on the reg during the winter:
1. Avene moisture mask: I don't know why, but sometimes I just like the idea of using a mask. I can get some redness on my face (and the winter certainly makes it worse), and this moisture mask always soothes and calms down my skin. It has a light smell to it, which is delightful (and I'm sensitive to smells). It's not greasy at all, and most of the time, I don't even wipe it off. I highly recommend this.
2. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse dry oil: I picked a bottle of this up our last trip to Paris and am so glad I did. It's a light oil you mist on. I love using it right after I shave my legs. It absorbs so quickly and has a nice scent. It also leaves a nice sheen, but doesn't feel greasy at all. I actually use this during the summer too since it's so light, while still moisturizing. You can also use it in your hair or as a bath oil.
3. La Mer moisturizing cream: I use this every morning under my eyes year round, but find myself applying it all over my face during the winter. It really is one of the few things that makes my dry flaky skin disappear. It's expensive, but a small jar lasts forever.
4. Jack Black lip balm: I'm a lip balm addict. I have tubes of this in all my bags, all around the house, and in my desk at work. This isn't going to give you any shine, but it's the most hydrating lip balm I've ever tried. I put it on every night before bed, and when I wake up, I can feel that it's still on and working. I've made the mistake of applying other lip balms at night and always wake up with dry lips. Bonus: it comes in tons of awesome "flavors." I haven't tried one I didn't love.
5. Trader Joe's lotion: The first time I tried this, I used some of my friend's when we were out in California. (Hi, Lauren!) This body lotion is rich, but not overly heavy. I like how it doesn't have a scent to it. And it contains aloe, which helps soothe any irritated dry patches. The best part about it is the price -- it's dirt cheap! I would have to stock up when we were out in Cali since we didn't have a TJ's, but now that we have one, I can buy it whenever I need it!
6. Sugar lip tint: I told you I'm a lip balm junkie. This lip balm is the perfect combination of moisturizing while also providing some color. It's not at all sticky and just makes your lips feel soft. This is my go to at work -- it sits on my desk and I apply it throughout the day. It's great because I don't need a mirror when I put it on, but it provides a little color. I like the plum tint, but there's a bunch of others (and a clear) that are also awesome.
Anything I should add to my must-try list? And in case you need an idea, either of the lip balms would make the perfect stocking-stuffer!